Makes: 8 servings
- 1 100-g (3 1/2-ounce) package instant banana pudding
- 1 235-mL bottle Vanilla Ensure Regular*
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cold skim milk
- 250 g (8 ounces) light cream cheese
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) fat-free sour cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) light whipped topping (Cool Whip® type)
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) orange juice
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) water
- 16 ladyfingers
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) dark chocolate shavings
- 2 whole medium bananas, peeled and cut into thin slices
* This recipe can be prepared with Ensure Plus Calories, Ensure Regular, Ensure Fibre, Ensure High Protein, Ensure with scFOS or Glucerna. If prepared with Glucerna, the total carbohydrate per serving is 40 g. Nutrition information will vary with product used.
- Pour dry pudding mix into a bowl. Add the Ensure Regular and milk. Whisk by hand for 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and beat for 30 seconds. Reduce speed to low, pour in the pudding mixture, and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and banana slices. (Reserve several slices of banana for a garnish.)
- Combine the orange juice and water in a small shallow bowl. Dip each ladyfinger in the juice mixture and arrange 8 ladyfingers in the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking pan. Spread with half of the banana cream (about 500 mL [2 cups]).
- Repeat with remaining ladyfingers (dipped in juice) and banana cream. This dessert can also be assembled in individual stemmed glasses.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate shavings, cover, and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, cut into 8 portions. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Arrange slices of banana on each serving and garnish with chocolate curls and fresh mint.
(if prepared with Ensure Regular)
|Serving Size||1/8 of recipe (143 g)|
|Servings per Recipe||8|
|Amount per Serving|
|Total Fat (g)||10|
|Saturated Fat (g)||6|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||45|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||1|