Are you in a store right now?
Find out which product is best suited to your needs.
Browse our products
Cinnamon Rice Recipe
Respects a lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet
For people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance
Turn your Ensure® from sweet to savoury
Exotic dishes to please your taste buds
- 1 bottle (235 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vegetable oil
- 160 mL (⅔ cup) white basmati rice
- 2 green or brown cardamom pods (or 1 mL [¼ tsp] ground cardamom)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half (or 1 mL [¼ tsp] ground cinnamon)
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 160 mL (⅔ cup) water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to toast the rice.
- Add cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and salt, and continue to stir. Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Add Ensure® Regular and continue to cook until it begins to simmer. (Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.)
- Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a 20-cm (8-inch) square oven-safe baking dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Check the rice. It may need an additional 5 minutes to absorb all of the liquid.
- Remove from oven. Allow the rice to steam, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover.
- Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Serving size: 75 mL (⅓ cup)
- 2.5 g
- 130 mg
- 15 g
- Dietary fibre
- 0 g
- 2 g
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!