Are you in a store right now?
Find out which product is best suited to your needs.
Browse our products
Cold Avocado Soup
with Roasted Corn and Bacon Recipe
For people who prefer cold recipes
Respects a lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet
For people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance
Turn your Ensure® from sweet to savoury
1 hour 15 minutes
For the soup:
- 1 bottle (235 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- 500 mL (2 cups) ready-to-use vegetable broth
- 3 medium avocados, quartered
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 125 mL (½ cup) fresh coriander
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 2 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 2 mL (½ tsp) pepper
For the garnish (optional):
- 250 mL (1 cup) frozen or canned corn kernels
- 3 strips of bacon†
- Combine all soup ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium non-stick pan, over medium-high heat, cook bacon until extra crisp (well done).
- Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel to help absorb the excess fat. Let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, crumble bacon with hands.
- In the same pan, sauté corn kernels until lightly browned, about
5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once soup has chilled, portion into bowls and garnish with roasted corn and bacon.
Serving size: 250 mL (1 cup)
- 16 g
- 513 mg
- 16 g
- Dietary fibre
- 7 g
- 4 g
In a hurry? Refrigerate Ensure® and broth ahead of time to reduce chilling time.
Try fresh basil and lemon instead of coriander and lime.
† For a vegetarian option, omit the bacon.
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!