Apple Pecan Muffins Recipe
By the taste of these healthy muffins, you will not believe that they have 4 grams of fibre and less than a quarter of the calories and fat of a typical store-bought muffin.
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) Butter Pecan Ensure® Regular
- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 7 mL (1 ½ tsp) baking powder
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 2 mL (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 500 mL (2 cups) bran cereal
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 250 mL (1 cup) apples, peeled and chopped
- 125 mL (½ cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
How to make
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, stir together bran cereal, Ensure® Regular, and sugar.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in chopped apples, applesauce, and egg.
- Add to flour mixture. Stir until moistened.
- Spray muffin pans with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups. Fill ⅔ full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition factsServing size: 1 muffin
- 1.5 g
- 160 mg
- 24 g
- Dietary fibre
- 4 g
- 3 g
Replace the applesauce by a mashed banana for a banana version.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW