Banana Tiramisu Recipe
Our take on this classic Italian dessert.
- 1 bottle (235 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- One 100-g (3 ½-oz) package instant banana pudding
- 125 mL (½ cup) cold skim milk
- 250 g (8 oz) light cream cheese
- 125 mL (½ cup) fat-free sour cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) light whipped topping
- 60 mL (¼ cup) orange juice
- 60 mL (¼ cup) water
- 16 ladyfingers
- 15 g (½ oz) dark chocolate shavings
- 2 whole medium-size bananas, peeled and cut into thin slices
How to make
- Pour dry pudding mix into a bowl. Add Ensure® Regular and milk. Whisk by hand for 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and beat for
30 seconds. Reduce speed to low, pour in pudding mixture, and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and banana slices. (Reserve several slices of banana for garnish.)
- Combine orange juice and water in a small shallow bowl. Dip each ladyfinger in juice mixture and arrange 8 ladyfingers in the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking pan. Spread with half of banana cream (about 500 mL [2 cups]).
- Repeat with remaining ladyfingers (dipped in juice) and banana cream. This dessert can also be assembled in individual glasses.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings, cover, and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, cut into 8 portions. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition factsServing size: ⅛ of recipe
- 10 g
- 410 mg
- 45 g
- Dietary fibre
- 1 g
- 8 g
Arrange slices of banana on each serving and garnish with chocolate curls and fresh mint.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW