Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
Broccoli casseroles are great as they require little preparation. Once this meal is in the oven, take a little time for yourself!
- 2 bottles (470 mL) Vanilla Ensure ® Regular
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 125 mL (½ cup) celery, chopped
- One 300-g (10-oz) package frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed
- 125 g (4 oz) light process cheese, cubed
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) black pepper
- 250 mL (1 cup) long-grain rice, uncooked
How to make
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Sauté onion, celery, and broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese, Ensure® Regular, and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- Add rice.
- Pour mixture into a 23-cm (9-inch) square casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition factsServing size: 250 mL (1 cup)
- 10 g
- 640 mg
- 69 g
- Dietary fibre
- 3 g
- 16 g
Use your favourite frozen vegetable mix instead of broccoli for variety.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW