Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
A sweet and savoury carrot ginger soup rich in anti-oxidants, vitamin A, and potassium.
- 2 bottles (470 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- 454 g (1 lb) baby carrots
- 25 mL (1 ½ Tbsp) butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) onion, chopped
- 7 mL (1 ½ tsp) chicken soup base
- 125 mL (½ cup) water
- 7 mL (1 ½ tsp) ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 3 mL (¾ tsp) ground coriander
- 2 mL (½ tsp) orange zest
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) ground black pepper
How to make
- Boil carrots until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a medium pan. Add onion and chicken soup base. Sauté until onion is tender, but not brown.
- Combine carrots, onion mixture, Ensure® Regular, water, ginger root, coriander, orange zest, and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat to serving temperature. DO NOT BOIL.
Nutrition factsServing size: 250 mL (1 cup)
- 9 g
- 470 mg
- 24 g
- Dietary fibre
- 1 g
- 6 g
Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW