Cold Avocado Soup
This avocado soup is full of flavour and is an excellent source of fibre.
INGREDIENTSFor the soup:
- 1 bottle (235 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- 500 mL (2 cups) ready-to-use vegetable broth
- 3 medium avocados, quartered
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 125 mL (½ cup) fresh coriander
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 2 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 2 mL (½ tsp) pepper
For the garnish (optional):
- 250 mL (1 cup) frozen or canned corn kernels
- 3 strips of bacon†
How to make
- Combine all soup ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium non-stick pan, over medium-high heat, cook bacon until extra crisp (well done).
- Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel to help absorb the excess fat. Let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, crumble bacon with hands.
- In the same pan, sauté corn kernels until lightly browned, about
5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once soup has chilled, portion into bowls and garnish with roasted corn and bacon.
Nutrition factsServing size: 250 mL (1 cup)
- 16 g
- 513 mg
- 16 g
- Dietary fibre
- 7 g
- 4 g
In a hurry? Refrigerate Ensure® and broth ahead of time to reduce chilling time.
Try fresh basil and lemon instead of coriander and lime.
† For a vegetarian option, omit the bacon.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW