Cranberry Spice Bread Recipe
This great-tasting cranberry bread recipe is studded with cranberries and the right amount of spice – perfect for the holiday season but always delicious!
- 1 bottle (235 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- 60 mL (¼ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 125 mL (½ cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 10 mL (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cardamom
- 1 large egg
- 300 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
How to make
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Butter a 23 x 12-cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, egg, and Ensure® Regular. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in cranberries and orange zest.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack before serving.
Nutrition factsServing size: 1 slice
- 7 g
- 250 mg
- 44 g
- Dietary fibre
- 2 g
- 6 g
Add ¼ cup of chocolate chips for more of a treat!
Top with turbinado or confectioners’ (icing) sugar.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW