Butter Pecan Crème Brûlée Recipe
An impressive crème brûlée recipe that is authentic and delicious with just 5 simple ingredients.
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) Butter Pecan Ensure® Regular
- 2 eggs
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) sugar
- 2 mL (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- Sugar for topping
How to make
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add Ensure® Regular and vanilla to egg mixture. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold together.
- Divide mixture into 4 ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins into an ovenproof pan.
- Pour water into the pan until water is halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Place pan in oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until crème brûlée "wiggles" slightly. Remove ramekins from water.
- Refrigerate until completely cold.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle about 5 mL (1 tsp) of sugar on top of each ramekin. Place under the oven broiler (or pass a kitchen torch over the surface) until sugar caramelizes and turns light brown.
Nutrition factsServing size: 1 ramekin
- 5 g
- 125 mg
- 25 g
- Dietary fibre
- 0 g
- 7 g
Turn your crème brûlée into a fruit-custard by topping it with your favourite "coulis".
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW