Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Guaranteed to be your favourite new chocolate chip banana bread recipe! The addition of Ensure® and lots of bananas make this loaf moist and nutritious.
- 1 bottle (235 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- 625 mL (2 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 2 mL (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 1 large egg
- 125 mL (½ cup) brown sugar, packed
- 125 mL (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) bananas (approximately 3 medium-size bananas), mashed
- 125 mL (½ cup) dark chocolate chips
How to make
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a 23 x 12-cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and butter with a beater. Whisk in egg, mashed bananas, and Ensure® Regular.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until top of bread turns brown and cracks along the top.
Nutrition factsServing size: 1 slice
- 12 g
- 150 mg
- 44 g
- Dietary fibre
- 2 g
- 5 g
Substitute with whole-wheat flour and Ensure® scFOS Fibre for a higher fibre version.
Lock in moisture by covering the bread with foil and letting it sit for 30 minutes when removed from the oven.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW