Roasted Sweet Potato Mash Recipe
A great-tasting and nutritious variation on comfort food.
- 125 mL (½ cup) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- 680 g (1 ½ lb) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large baking apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 pieces
- 10 mL (2 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) ground cinnamon
- ½ mL (⅛ tsp) ground cardamom
- 2 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vegetable oil
How to make
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a medium oven-safe baking dish, combine sweet potatoes, apple bits, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and oil. Toss together.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bake an additional 15 to
20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and slightly caramelized. (If potatoes are sticking to the pan, carefully add a few tablespoons of water.)
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, add Ensure® Regular and mash with potato masher. Serve hot.
Nutrition factsServing size: 75 mL (⅓ cup)
- 3 g
- 250 mg
- 25 g
- Dietary fibre
- 3 g
- 3 g
Try this recipe with butternut squash or turnips.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW