Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding Recipe
Swap the cream for Ensure® in this classic bread pudding recipe to reduce the fat and benefit from the added nutrients. Fall comfort food with added nutrition and a twist of spice!
- 1 bottle (235 mL) Vanilla Ensure ® Regular
- 250 mL (1 cup) canned or homemade 100% pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 125 mL (½ cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2 mL (¼ tsp) ground nutmeg
- 2 mL (¼ tsp) ground allspice
- 5 mL (1 tsp) pure vanilla extract
- ½ loaf (about 300 g/5 cups) challah (egg) bread, diced
- 125 mL (½ cup) golden raisins
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) canola oil, for brushing
How to make
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Brush a 28 x 18 x 5 cm (11 X 7 X 2 inch) rectangular baking dish with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, and spices. Whisk in Ensure® and vanilla.
- Combine bread and raisins in the baking dish. Pour mixture over bread, mix to cover and let sit 15 minutes to let bread soften.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until mixture is set. Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition factsServing size: ¾ cup
- 4 g
- 190 mg
- 38 g
- Dietary fibre
- 2 g
- 6 g
Add ¼ cup of Bourbon whiskey to mixture.
Top with vanilla ice cream or sprinkle with confectioners’ (icing) sugar.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW