Spinach and Tomato Quiche Recipe
This one-pot quiche is quick to prepare and rich in calcium.
- 1 bottle (235 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Regular
- 1 commercial or homemade 25-cm (10-inch) pie crust, pre-cooked
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) dried basil
- 1 L (4 cups) baby spinach
- 60 mL (¼ cup) 1% MF milk
- 3 large eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) each, salt and pepper
How to make
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a large non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, spinach, dried basil, salt, and pepper and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and Ensure® Regular together. Mix grated cheese into egg mixture.
- Place spinach in pie mold and spread evenly. Pour egg mixture over spinach and place sliced tomatoes on the top.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
Nutrition factsServing size: ⅙ of quiche
- 19 g
- 416 mg
- 21 g
- Dietary fibre
- 1 g
- 12 g
Not a fan of spinach or tomatoes? Try grated zucchini and ham as an alternative.
Swap the cheddar for Swiss or feta for variety.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW