Vanilla-Maple Frozen Yogurt Recipe
What’s better than ice cream on a hot summer day? This homemade frozen yogurt! It is creamy, rich in protein compared to traditional frozen yogurt and we even added maple syrup for sweetness and flavour.
- 2 bottles (470 mL) Vanilla Ensure® Plus Calories
- 250 mL (1 cup) plain Mediterranean-style yogurt, 8-10% MF
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) pure maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
How to make
- In a medium to large bowl, mix Ensure® Plus Calories, yogurt, maple syrup, and salt.
- If you have an ice cream maker, pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.
- Alternatively, to make frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker, pour mixture into a wide shallow container and freeze, uncovered.
- As mixture starts to freeze near the edges (after approximately 1 hour), remove container from the freezer and stir vigorously with a spatula to break up any frozen sections. If you have one, use a hand-held mixer or stick blender to do this. Return to freezer.
- Repeat this process every 30-45 minutes until mixture is frozen and has reached a consistency of your liking. This should take approximately
- Once evenly frozen, store in an airtight container with a lid.
Nutrition factsServing size: ½ cup
- 8 g
- 153 mg
- 31 g
- Dietary fibre
- 0 g
- 6 g
Serve this frozen yogurt recipe in your favourite cone or a bowl drizzled with extra maple syrup and/or chopped walnuts.
You might also like
Cooking with Ensure®
Breakfasts, drinks, main dishes, desserts: use Ensure® in your favourite recipe!DISCOVER THE RECIPES
Health and nutrition tips
Quick and easy advice to help you reach your health objectives.GET YOUR TIPS HERE
Buy Ensure® online
Find the closest retailer and buy your favourite product online!SHOP NOW
Sign up & save
Sign up to the Ensure® Club and get up to $100 in coupons, meal plans, recipes, and tips on using Ensure®!JOIN NOW